Clawson Blue Stilton Meatballs
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
3 slices of white bread, torn into pieces
500g lamb mince (vegetarian alternative: 2x 410g cans, butter beans)
125g Clawson Blue Stilton
1 bunch parsley, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
175g mushrooms, sliced
400g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
150ml lamb stock (or vegetable stock
Spaghetti to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. In a food processor, whiz the chopped onion, garlic and breadcrumbs until evenly crumbed.
- Transfer into a bowl and mix in the mince (vegetarians: butter
beans, finely blended) and Clawson Blue Stilton®. Stir in the egg,
parsley and seasonings.
- Shape the mixture into small balls and arrange in a roasting tin.
Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until browned. Lift out of the pan with a
slotted spoon, discarding any fat.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil and fry the sliced onion until starting to
brown. Add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 2 - 3 minutes before
adding the tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Bring to the boil and
simmer for 8 - 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce and cook gently for 3 - 4 minutes until hot. Serve with noodles or spaghetti.