Blue Stilton, Leek and Wild Mushroom Soup
This is a delicious warming soup made with rich leeks and Clawson Blue Stilton®. Perfect in the winter months and a real treat for vegetarians.
450g leeks, white part only
700ml vegetable stock
225g potatoes, peeled and chopped
20g dried porcini mushrooms
75g Clawson Blue Stilton®
4 tbsp creamed horseradish
4 tbsp sour cream
1 large pickled gherkin, chopped
4 sprigs of parsley, to garnish
- Split the leeks lengthways into four. Wash and shred finely.
Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the leeks and soften for 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, milk, potatoes and dried mushrooms. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are soft, add the Blue Stilton® and, using a blender, liquidise until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix the horseradish, sour cream and gherkin.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, top with a spoonful of the horseradish cream, a sprig of parsley and serve.